Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Hunted, by Maggie Stiefvater


Hunted: Spirit Animals Book 2, by Maggie Stiefvater

Genre: Middle School Fantasy / Adventure

Reason for Reading: This is the second book in a so-far excellent series

Synopsis: (May contain slight spoilers for book 1). Conor, Abeke, Meilin, and Rollan hike across Eura on quest to capture the talisman of the Great Boar before the Conquerors get their hands on it. But the Conquerors have a few surprises up their sleeves - they are now able to force an unnatural bond between humans and animals! They now have the advantage of superior numbers of bonded warriors. In order for our heroes to survive, they must learn to trust one another and fight as a team. 

My Thoughts: This was an excellent follow-up to Brandon Mull's Wild Born (reviewed here). The characters are developing - and so is the philosophy. In this book, our heroes struggle with trust. It's a story of strengthening ones bond with friends - how such a bond can never fully be broken, even when trust fails. It's a story about following your heart, even when your heart leads you astray from logic (a fitting theme given my thoughts on doubt last month!) I'm eagerly awaiting the third book in this series, Blood Ties, which comes out in March.

This is my first book by Maggie Stiefvater, and I'm eager to pick up some more now! I like the way this series is designed - with a different author for each book. That way, I am introduced to authors that I might otherwise never gotten around to reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I love getting comments!