Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Stonekeeper's Curse, by Kazu Kibuishi

The Stonekeeper's Curse, by Kazu Kibuishi

Reason for Reading: My nephew loved this series :)

Genre: Children's Fantasy Graphic Novel

Review
In this second book of the widely popular children's graphic novel series Amulet (see the review for the first book here), Emily and Navin's mother is still in a poison-induced coma, and the kids must journey to a dangerous forest to find the cure. They are led by a fox-man Leon Redbeard, who says that it is his job to bring them safely to a lost city of guardians. They are chased by the Elf King's son Trellis, whose loyalties are questionable. This was a cute second book in the series - though the plot is still very childish and light. The kids (especially boys!) love it. :)



2 comments:

  1. I certainly would have loved this a s a child.

    Thanks for reviewing these books as I have some relatives who I think would really like this as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I loved that you read this. I've started reading (and reviewing)children's fiction too

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I love getting comments!